Emergency Flood Project Update
Schedule for US 36 Emergency FloodReconstruction Between Lyons and Estes Park
Delays expected; alternate routes strongly advised
The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and the Federal Highway Administration - Central Federal Lands Highway Division (CFLHD) are moving forward on work as part of the US 36 Emergency Flood Reconstruction project between Lyons and Estes Park. Crews will be performing excavation and embankment work, which will cause delays for motorists traveling through the area.
The following delays should be expected on US 36 between Lyons and Estes Park
- Monday through Saturday, January 20-25, 2014: 6 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Stops of five minutes
- Monday through Friday, January 20-24, 2014: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Stops of one hour
- Saturday, January 25, 2014 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Stops of 30 minutes
- Monday through Saturday, January 20-25, 2014; 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. each night: Stops of 30 minutes
- No extended two hour, three hour, or overnight delays for blasting are scheduled at this time.
Those who can are urged to use alternate routes via US 34 from Loveland to Estes Park, and State Highway 7 between Estes Park and Lyons.